Crisp, leafy brussels sprouts lie still under a shower of toasted sesame seeds.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In an extra-large skillet, melt the butter in the sesame oil and vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the brussels sprouts and crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden-brown, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and cook until the brussels sprouts are dark brown and crunchy, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.