Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 25 mins
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 frozen corn, thawed
- 1 4 ounce can diced mild green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne. Stir in the corn, chiles and 1/2 cup parmesan. Stir in the milk and mayonnaise. Spoon the mixture into a nonstick, 6-cup jumbo muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until golden-brown, about 10 minutes more.