Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 oz.) butter, cut into tbsp
- Coarse salt
- In a large pot, combine the potatoes and garlic with enough salted water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower to a gentle boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer over low heat. Remove from the heat and add the butter to melt.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic and return to the pot. Shake the pan over medium heat for 1 minute to dry the potatoes. Put the potatoes and garlic through a food mill or ricer and add the cream mixture along with 1 tsp. salt, stirring until smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl.