Guests get their greens on these savory snacking skewers.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 6 thick-cut strips bacon, stacked and quartered crosswise (24 pieces)
- 24 brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 pound sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 24 small cubes
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until cooked through but not crisp, about 6 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Cook the brussels sprouts in the bacon fat until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes; discard the fat. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the maple syrup. Serve each brussels sprout on a toothpick with a piece of bacon and a cheddar cube.