Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 1 1/2tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4cup EVOO
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 bunch beet greens, stems discarded and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 3 1/4cups day-old coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 1/4pound smoked ham, chopped
- Hot sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and 1/4 tsp. salt; whisk in the EVOO.
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the chard and beet greens with 1/2 tsp. salt. Massage the greens with your hands until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the black-eyed peas, corn bread and ham. Add the vinaigrette and season with hot sauce; toss to coat.