Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 6 ounce cans olive-oil-packed tuna, drained, oil reserved
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Stir in the orzo and cook until al dente. Drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, season the vinegar with salt and pepper and mix until the salt dissolves; set aside. Whisk in the reserved olive oil. Add the orzo to the dressing and toss to mix.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and basil to the orzo. Break up the tuna with a fork and add to the salad with the feta cheese.
- Skouras Moschofilero 2005 (Greece)
- Use ricotta salata or goat cheese in place of the feta.