Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the shallot, vinegar, mustard and honey; season with salt and pepper. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until thick. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked shrimp to the dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the spinach on a platter or individual plates. Place the warm shrimp on top and drizzle with any remaining dressing. Scatter the feta on top.
- Chill the shrimp and serve the salad cold.