Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 3 ripe avocados, halved
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 6 ounces fresh pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1/2cup canned hominy, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Scoop out the flesh from the center of each avocado half, leaving 1/4-inch perimeter of flesh intact; coarsely chop the scooped-out flesh.
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, chipotle and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper; whisk in the EVOO. Add the pineapple, hominy, cilantro, onion and chopped avocado. Fill each avocado half with the salad.