This tangy slaw makes a perfect side for fried fish or grilled sandwiches.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 30 mins
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 head radicchio, shredded
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4cup coarse-grain mustard
- 1/2cup malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce
- 1/2cup hulled sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, radicchio, carrot and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, malt vinegar, granulated sugar and lemon juice and season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Toss the slaw with the dressing, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then toss with the sunflower seeds.