Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4cup buttermilk
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or other fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, buttermilk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the bell pepper, onion, cilantro and garlic; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the iceberg wedges as desired. (Refrigerate any extra dressing in a sealed container for up to 1 week).
- Use low-fat yogurt in the dressing, instead of the sour cream.