Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Grill: 10 mins
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Finely chop enough of the onion to yield 2 tablespoons and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the yogurt, dill, lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until golden and grill marks appear, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle the remaining lemon juice on top. Let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- In a bowl, toss the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes and remaining onion with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper; top with the sliced chicken.
- Use grilled portobello mushrooms instead of the chicken.