Serve this Krautsalat side by side with Cucumber-Dill Salad.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 2 pounds (1 large head) red or white cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and caraway seeds; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Make this salad the night before; it's even better after marinating.