Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tangerines
- 1 head escarole, torn to pieces
- 6 heads endive, cut into strips
- 2 heads radicchio, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard. Pour in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly; season with salt and pepper.
- Slice off both ends of each tangerine; place cut side down on a cutting board. Cut off the peel and white pith in strips and discard. Hold the tangerine and, working over a serving bowl, make a cut on either side of each segment to free from the membrane and let the segments fall into the bowl.
- Add the escarole, endive, radicchio, pecans and cheese to the tangerines. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Top with the chives.