Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 1/2pounds small new potatoes
- 10 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- 1/4teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, plus whole sprigs for garnish
- In a large saucepan, place the potatoes, 2 teaspoons salt and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and let stand.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk in the olive oil until combined.
- Toss the potatoes and beans with the dressing to coat. Using a fork, mash several potatoes. Toss in the scallions and thyme. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and top with thyme sprigs. Serve warm or at room temperature.