A simple way to dress up asparagus when it's fresh and in season.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3 pounds thick asparagus
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and, using a vegetable peeler, peel the bottom halves. In a large, deep skillet, bring a few inches of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and mustard. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking until combined; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus on a platter and drizzle with the dressing. Halve the hard-boiled egg and press through a sieve over the asparagus.