Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3/4cup sour cream
- 1/4cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4cup prepared horseradish
- 1/4cup chopped chives, plus more for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1/4cup Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 1/4cup finely chopped curly leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 seeded kaiser rolls, split
- 1 bunch watercress
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, applesauce, breadcrumbs, horseradish, 1/4 cup chives and a generous amount of pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beef, Worcestershire sauce and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties and coat each with the EVOO. In a large skillet, cook the patties over high heat until the bottoms are well-browned, about 4 minutes; flip, lower the heat and cook for 4 more minutes for medium-rare.
- Top each roll bottom with some of the watercress, a beef patty, lots of horseradish sauce, a sprinkling of chives and a roll top.
- Press your thumb into the center of each patty to prevent bulging during cooking.