This summery burger is packed with garden herbs and stuffed with tangy goat cheese.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 1 1/2pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1/3cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- 1/3cup finely chopped dill (a generous handful)
- 1/4cup chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 4 ouncelog goat cheese, quartered
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/3cup sour cream
- 1/4cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 crusty whole grain kaiser rolls, split
- 4 leaves green-leaf lettuce
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine the beef, parsley, dill, chives and Worcestershire sauce; season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 4 mounds. Press 1 piece of cheese into the center of each mound, then form a patty around the cheese. Drizzle the patties with EVOO and grill for 4 minutes on each side for medium.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard and honey; season with salt and pepper. Layer each roll bottom with lettuce, cucumber, radish, onion and a burger. Spread honey mustard sauce on the cut side of the bun tops and set into place.
- Use a creamy cheese like Boursin instead of goat cheese.