Makes: 4 servings
- 1 pound penne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), 1 turn of the pan
- 2 6 ounce cans olive oilpacked tuna, lightly drained
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- Calamata olives, pitted and chopped (a handful)
- 1 28 ounce can diced Italian tomatoes
- Flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (a generous handful)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is working, heat a deep skillet over medium heat with the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan. Add the tuna, flaking it with a wooden spoon. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the capers and olives and heat until warmed through, 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and parsley, lower the heat a little and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add a ladle of the pasta cooking liquid to the sauce. drain the pasta, add it to the sauce and toss.
Tip PAIR WITH:
- Zaca Mesa Z Cuvee 2003 (California)