Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 10 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, 20 minutes.
- While the shallots are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Pour 3 ladlefuls of the pasta cooking water into the cooked shallots and stir. Drain the pasta and add to the shallots. Add the cheese and parsley, season with pepper and toss.
Tip PAIR WITH
- L'Oca Ciuca Toscana The Drunken Goose 2005 (Italy)