Warm up for the winter with soup, roasted vegetables and more.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 1 cup cream
- 3 sprigs rosemary, 1 finely chopped
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese, plus more to pass around the table
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Rub the inside of a small saucepan all over with the garlic. Add the cream, the 2 whole rosemary sprigs and nutmeg; season with pepper and cook over medium-low heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Discard the rosemary.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Add the rosemary cream, cauliflower and 1/2 cup cheese; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and top with the walnuts and chopped rosemary. Pass more cheese around the table.