Spring has sprung! Stock up on fresh veggies for this easy meal.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 12 ouncepackage soba noodles or 1 pound whole wheat linguine pasta
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 1 head napa cabbage (about 2 pounds), thinly shredded
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 bunch scallions, cut on an angle into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 2 inchpiece fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (1/3 palmful)
- 1/2cup mint leaves, shredded
- 20 basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is working, in a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over high heat until rippling. Add the cabbage and edamame and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the scallions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lime peel, lime juice and black pepper. Add the pasta, mint and basil and toss.
- Domaine Lafond Tavel 2008 (France)