"A Lime Rickey is a soda from back in the day, made with lime juice, simple syrup, seltzer and sometimes bitters. The flavors work really well, especially when they're wrapped around a chicken!" -Rach
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon bitters, such as Angostura
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets or tenders, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced on an angle into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 6 ounce box rice pilaf mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice and bitters and stir to dissolve the honey.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat until smoking. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the scallions and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the honey sauce; toss for 1 minute to coat.
- Stir the peas and cilantro into the prepared rice. Add the nuts and fluff with a fork.
- Transfer the rice to a platter; using a slotted spoon, mound the chicken over the rice. Serve with the lime wedges.