Warm up for the winter with soup, roasted vegetables and more.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- Salt and pepper
- 2 10 ounce packages gnocchi
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound baby spinach, stems discarded
- Ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup pecorino-romano cheese (a generous handful), plus more to pass around the table
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the top, 3 minutes. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, cook the garlic in the EVOO over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Add the spinach to the oil in the skillet and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the reserved pasta water. Stir in the gnocchi and cheese. Serve in shallow bowls; top with the garlic chips. Pass more cheese around the table.