Makes: 4 servings
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups chopped multicolored heirloom tomatoes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is working, in a serving bowl, add the crumbled goat cheese. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the white wine and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Add the parsley, dill, tarragon and thyme. Stir in the reserved pasta cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the goat cheese. Pour the herb sauce on top, season with pepper and toss for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and toss gently for another minute; season with salt and pepper.
Tip PAIR WITH
- Provam Vinho Verde 2008 (Portugal)