Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (eyeball it)
- 3/4 pound chicken cutlets, cut into thin strips
- 1 small head or 1/2 large head Napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (a couple of generous handfuls)
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (1/3 palmful)
- 1/3 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is working, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat until rippling. Add the chicken and stir-fry until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cabbage, scallions, mushrooms, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Season with a little salt and the pepper and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the tamari and sesame oil. Stir in the spaghetti and toss to coat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Using tongs, serve the pasta in bowls and top with the chicken stir-fry.
Tip PAIR WITH
- Bodegas Nieto Senetiner Chardonnay Reserva 2005 (Argentina)