Makes: 8 servings
- 8 slices smoky bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- About 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 small red chile pepper, finely chopped
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- A few sprigs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt and lots of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 8 standard-size english muffins, toasted
- Chopped iceberg lettuce or romaine heart
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then halve the slices.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan (or large cast-iron skillet) to medium-high. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish, whisk together the EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, chile pepper, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and let marinate for 10 minutes. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Let rest briefly, then slice.
- Arrange the chicken on the english muffin bottoms. Layer each with 2 half slices of bacon crisscrossed in an X, some lettuce, tomato, dressing and a muffin top.