Serve with a green salad.
Makes: 4 servings
Bake: 400°F 10 mins to 12 mins
- 2 9 ounce boxes frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino-romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a bowl, toss the artichokes with the flour to coat.
- In a medium ovenproof skillet, heat the EVOO, 4 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the artichokes and fry until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, cheese, parsley and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the artichokes and cook until just set.
- Transfer the frittata to the oven and bake until set and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool, then slice into quarters and serve with the lemon wedges.