Your pup will be full of more than holiday cheer after eating this hearty dish.
Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 ounce peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded and meat shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (for people portions)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rice, peas, chicken, egg, breadcrumbs and parsley. Form into four 2 1/2-inch patties.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken patties and cook, turning once, until golden-brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool slightly. Season people portions to taste with salt and pepper.