Please your pooch with a pot of chicken, sweet potatoes and carrots. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 32 ounce container (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 3 6 ounces chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 16 ounce bag baby carrots
- Combine the broth, cider, peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf in a large pot, cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add the chicken and vegetables, and simmer, skimming if necessary, until tender, about 20 minutes. Spoon out the peppercorns, cloves and bay leaf and discard. Season to taste with salt. Let the dish cool slightly before serving to pets.