You can make toppers for these mini-burgers. For beef sliders, mince raw onion and mix it in with steak sauce or mustard. For lamb sliders, try mincing mint and garlic, then stir them into pickle relish. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning (a palmful)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (eyeball it)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 6 small round dinner rolls, split
- Combine the meat with the Worcestershire sauce, grill seasoning and cumin in a medium bowl. Form 6 thin 3-inch patties and drizzle each on 1 side with EVOO. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties, olive oil side down, for 3 minutes per side for medium well. Serve the burgers on the dinner rolls with the topper of your choice.