Share an Irish dinner with your pooch on St. Puppy's Day. Always check with your vet about which foods are appropriate for you to share with your pet.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 baking potatoes (1-1/2 pounds), peeled and shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for toast
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 pound chopped corned beef
- 1/2 cup cream or half-and-half
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 extra-large eggs, cooked any way you like
- 4 slices lightly buttered white toast
- Place the potatoes in a colander, lightly salt them and let drain for a few minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Mix in the potatoes, carrots and corned beef and increase the heat to medium-high. Set a plate on top and weight it down with a heavy can. Stir in the crust that forms about every 5 minutes. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the cream and turn off the heat. Season to taste with pepper.
- Top the hash with the cooked eggs and serve with the toast.