Let your pup celebrate the season with this bacon-spiked dinner.
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel- lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease from the skillet. Add the carrot, celery and bell pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, brown rice and turmeric and cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve the rice in a dog dish. Crumble the bacon on top and let it snow with the parmigiano-reggiano!