Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 3 6 ouncecan tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 cups torn arugula
- 1/3cup minced chives
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet and broil, turning every 5 minutes, until charred all over, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover; let sit for 10 minutes. Using your fingers, peel and discard the charred skin. Discard the stems and seeds.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, dill, lemon juice and 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Using a blender, puree the roasted peppers, sherry vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. With the machine on, pour in the remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil in a slow stream, blending until thick, about 30 seconds.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with one-third of the arugula and one-quarter of the bell pepper sauce. Repeat 2 more times, using the remaining tuna mixture and arugula and topping with the remaining noodles. Divide the lasagna into 6 portions. Top with the remaining red pepper sauce and the chives.
- Ameztoi Txakolina 2007 (Spain)