Add ingredients to your Every Day essentials (rachaelraymag.com/kitchen) and you've got a holiday recipe on your side.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 3 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large baking poatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the parsnips and potatoes until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return the vegetables to the pot. Add the milk, sour cream and 4 tablespoons butter.
- Using a food processor and working in batches, puree the mixture, adding the reserved cooking water to thin the consistency as desired; season with salt. Serve with the remaining tablespoon butter melted on top.
- Whisk chicken broth into leftover puree for a quick soup.