Add ingredients to your Every Day essentials (rachaelraymag.com/kitchen) and you've got a holiday recipe on your side.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 bunch celery, thinly sliced crosswise and leafy greens finely chopped separately
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover the pan and remove from the heat. Let sit until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, stir in the raisins and cover.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced celery and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the lemon peel and juice; season with salt and pepper. Stir the cooked vegetables, celery leaves and walnuts into the couscous.