Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 ounce baby peas
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces wagon wheels or other short pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and heat through. Stir in the peas, broth, garlic and cayenne and simmer until the broth has reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta for 5 minutes. Drain and add to the chicken. Stir in the 1/2 cup cheese and butter and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente, about 3 minutes. Season with salt, if necessary, and serve with additional Parmesan.
- Shred leftover rotisserie chicken and use it in other dishes, or make quick chicken salad with a little mayo.