Add ingredients to your Every Day essentials (rachaelraymag.com/kitchen) and you'll impress the family with this great sandwich.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into thirds
- Crushed red pepper
- 1/3cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices country bread
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- Preheat a panini press. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to a food processor or mini chopper. Add 2 tablespoons water to the skillet, then add the broccoli rabe in batches, allowing each batch to wilt slightly before adding the next. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; season with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and 4 tablespoons olive oil to the garlic and process to form a paste. Add the pine nuts and parmesan cheese and pulse until the pine nuts are finely chopped.
- Brush each slice of bread on one side with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and place oiled side down on a work surface. Top the bread with the sun-dried tomato pesto. Divide the broccoli rabe among the 4 slices of bread and top with the provolone. Set the remaining bread slices in place, oiled side up.
- Working in batches, grill the sandwiches in the panini press until the bread is crisp and golden, about 1 minute.
- Sablonettes Les Copines Aussi 2007 (France)