This spin on classic guacamole uses canned black beans in place of fresh avocados.
Makes: 16 servings
Prep: 30 mins
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, 1 drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Place the 2 cans of black beans in a large bowl. Using a potato masher or your hands, partially mash the beans until coarse and slightly pasty.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and Tabasco sauce, if necessary.