Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1/3 pound angel hair pasta
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced into thin rings
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 pound beef tenderloin, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, quartered
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 2 minutes; drain and divide among 4 bowls.
- In the same pot, combine the beef broth, lemongrass and garlic and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the carrot, onion, fish sauce and chili paste. Return the soup to a boil, add the beef, then divide the soup among the 4 bowls. Garnish with the cilantro and lime wedges.
- Use fresh spinach instead of beef.