Spike pork tenderloin with a jalapeño-jazzed marinade and serve it with a side of cooling coleslaw.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 jalapeno chile, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 cups finely shredded coleslaw mix (with carrot)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1 pounds pork tenderloins, fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- In a small saucepan, combine half of the jalapeno, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, the ketchup, orange juice, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Season the pork tenderloins generously with salt and pepper, place on the grill, cover and cook, turning once or twice, until seared all over, about 5 minutes. Brush with the sauce and cook, basting occasionally, until the pork registers 140 degrees ; on an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part, 6 to 8 minutes. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes; slice thinly. Stir the remaining jalapeno and the cilantro into the coleslaw and serve with the pork.