Spike a classic curried coronation chickensalad with mango chutney and serve it upwith homemade pita chips.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 40 mins
- 4 chicken breast halves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling and brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 2 7-inch pita breads, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3- 1/2 cup store-bought mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped unpeeled green apples
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 large head butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . Place the chicken on a baking sheet, drizzle generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until the skin is golden and crisp and the meat is cooked through, about 40 minutes. Let cool, then discard the skin and bones and cut the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees . Brush the pitas with olive oil; cut into chips and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Add the chicken, apples and raisins; toss to coat.
- Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and top with the chicken salad; season with pepper. Serve with the pita chips.