Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 1 ounce slices of cheddar cheese, quartered
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives (optional)
- Dijon mustard
- 8 small dinner rolls or potato rolls, split
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, place in a large pot and cover with an inch of water. Salt the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the bread crumbs, egg, sage and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Divide the mixture into eighths and form into 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large grill pan over medium heat. When the oil is rippling hot, add the patties and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Place 2 small cheese squares on each burger.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and immediately toss with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, the vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the chives.
- Serve each burger on a roll spread with mustard. Serve 2 burgers on each plate with the potato salad.
- Buehler Vineyards Napa Valley Zinfandel 2004 (California)
- To keep burgers flat as they cook, make a light indentation in the center of the patties with your thumb before searing them.