Bread trick! If the ciabatta is 2-plus incheshigh, pull out bread from its center to createa cavity for the fillingand make it alleasier to eat.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, rinsed
- 2 cans (5 oz. each) oil-packed tuna, drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups (half of a 5-oz. bag) baby arugula
- 1 loaf (about 14 oz.) ciabatta bread--split lengthwise, cut crosswise into 4 pieces and and lightly toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tuna, tomato, onion, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tbsp. EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently with the arugula.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the toasted ciabatta with EVOO. Assemble the sandwiches.
- Make the tuna salad several hours ahead, but dont toss with the arugula until youre ready to make the sandwiches.