When youre hoofing it through the woods, you need a hearty meal that hits the spot. This sandwich does the trick—no cleanup required.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 12 ounce container whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 12 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds sliced roast turkey breast
- 6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 5 ounce container alfalfa sprouts (about 2 cups)
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and scallions. Spread the scallion cream cheese on each slice of bread. Divide the cucumber among 6 bread slices and mound the turkey on the cucumber. Top with the Swiss cheese, sprouts and remaining bread slices.
- Beckmen Vineyards Purisima Mountain Grenache Rose 2007 (California), Montecillo Crianza 2004 (Spain)