Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the Worcestershire sauce, season with salt and pepper and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Arrange the cheese slices evenly over the vegetable mixture. Cover, remove from the heat and let the cheese melt, about 3 minutes. Divide the cheese-covered vegetables among the 4 rolls.