Pick up a bag of frozen fries to serve alongside.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/2cup crumbled blue cheese (2 to 3 ounces)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2pounds ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce, onion slices and condiments, for serving
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mash together the blue cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the parsley. Divide the mixture into 4 disks about 1 1/2 inches across. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper and mix well. Form into 4 equally sized patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Form a deep cavity in the center of each beef patty. Place a cheese disk in each cavity and pull the meat together to completely cover the cheese.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook, about 4 minutes on each side for medium. Serve on the buns with the lettuce, onion and condiments.