Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 5 mins
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno chiles
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely ground
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- 8 green-leaf lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and buttermilk. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and pickled jalapenos.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans and bread crumbs. Working with one piece at a time, remove the chicken cutlets from the buttermilk, letting the excess drip off, and coat with the pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the cutlets and cook, turning once, until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread the jalapeno mayonnaise on the cut sides of each kaiser roll. Assemble sandwiches with the chicken, peach and lettuce.
- Use sweet relish or chopped pickles instead of the pickled jalapenos.