Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped, 1 teaspoon sauce reserved
- 4 large challah or kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 bunch radishes, grated
- 1 1/4 pounds deli-sliced fresh roast turkey breast
- Potato chips, for serving
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar into the vinegar over medium heat. Add the onion, cover and simmer until wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let the pickled onion cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, the chipotles and adobo sauce and 3 tablespoons of the onion pickling liquid until smooth.
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet or a griddle over medium heat. Toast the rolls until golden and spread the chipotle cream cheese mixture on both sides.
- Mound shredded cabbage and grated radish on the bottom of each roll. Pile the turkey on top, and then the pickled onions. Cover with the roll tops. Serve with potato chips.
- Red Truck Wines Pink Truck 2005 (California)
- Use sun-dried tomatoes instead of chiles.