Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 5 mins
Grill: 10 mins
- 6 potato rolls
- 12 portobello mushroom caps, stems discarded
- 1 red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a grill to high. Grill the rolls until lightly toasted.
- Brush the mushroom caps and onion with the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, for 8 minutes. Transfer the onion to a plate. Divide the blue cheese among 6 of the mushroom caps, stem side up, and top each with a remaining mushroom, stem side down. Cover and grill until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Place a mushroom stack on each of the roll bottoms and top with the onion and roll tops.