Even a classic like creamed corn deserves a makeover. Grilling the corn adds a smoky richness. Taste for yourself—then use it in this recipe.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Grill: 10 mins
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2cup a class="orange-linK" href="/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-index/salad-recipes/Grilled-Creamed-Corn">Grilled Creamed Corn
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus whole leaves for topping
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Preheat a grill to medium. In a bowl, combine the turkey, creamed corn, chile, chopped cilantro, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Form the mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the patties with 1 tablespoon oil; arrange on the grate oiled side down and grill until deep golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Brush the other side of the patties with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, turn and continue grilling until cooked through, about 5 minutes. During the last few minutes of grilling, arrange the buns split side down on the grate and grill until toasted.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the toasted bun bottoms and top with the lettuce, patties, tomato and whole cilantro leaves. Set the bun tops into place.
- Widmer Hefeweizen (OR)